Saturday, May 16, 2015

The End

Hello class,
We are finally here at the end of the term. It has been a awesome journey and to those that graduated or will graduate this summer I wish you good luck out there in the world. I hope that this program has enlightened you and that you have found what you were looking for in graduate school. For our final blog posting we have three videos from TED featuring Daniel Kraft, Sheryl Sandberg, and John Maeda. My favorite out the three is John Maeda. He talks about how art, technology and design inform creative leaders. He talked about how art, technology and design intersect, overlap and how he's looked to combine the four areas into a synthesis. He talked of the early stages of technology like the Apple II computer and how the pattern we have been following all these years his been text, video, audio, etc. As someone who was born in the 1984, I have seen technology advance in a way I never thought possible. When I was growing up we didn't have internet in the palm of our hands now we've got smart watches, cars with wifi built in and it is just an amazing time to live in now as you get to experience this ever expanding growth of technology. We all in this are future strategic communicators and I implore you to go out there and make a difference. There are so many things to do in this field such as creating news, pushing information to the public, delivering news and media to the public and studying the interplay of media and society. I hope that you all find the place that you want to be. I will be continuing my blog long after I graduate. I have found it to be alot of fun. Good luck to you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment